Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Zero

Today is Day Zero. Tomorrow is Day One. May 15, 2010 is Day 30.

The past month has been one hell of a month. Too many meltdowns in such a short period of time. But now I am leaving all that behind and as a part of my new-month-new-outlook plan, I've decided to start a blog. YEY. I know I'll be busy enough with my thesis this summer but I need something to keep me together.

I'm not much of a writer (blogging's not really my thing) but I've written countless laboratory reports already. How different are they really? HAHA

"Why Day Zero?", you may ask. Well, as implied by the opening statements of this post, my 30 days of summer starts tomorrow (the day I'll be going back to the lab for my thesis after three weeks of hiatus --> very important day) and ends on May 15 (the official end of summer classes here in the university --> very important day as well). Weekends except for May 15 excluded. Since today is the day before Day One, then today is Day Zero? (Dumb moment here) Anyway, hopefully, by Day 30 I will have accomplished EVERYTHING, academic-wise.

Today, Day Zero, I submitted a progress report to my thesis adviser. Oh, and I also had my first ever Slurpee. Yes, first ever! At least I've accomplished something today, eh? Probably later I'll resume my Heroes Season 4 marathon. On the 6th or 7th episode already. Many more to go.

Oh, and I am so looking forward to subject my mungbean albumin extract to sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) tomorrow. There's a first time for everything. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment