Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day Four: Slipped

April 9. Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valour), public holiday here in the Philippines. Honestly, I had no idea what this holiday's about (or maybe I did have an idea before when I was younger but have forgotten already). So I Googled.

"On April 9, 1942, 75,000 Filipino and American soldiers surrendered to the Japanese at the tip of the Bataan Peninsula, which juts into Manila Bay in the Philippines. For nearly five months, the troops had fought ferociously against overwhelming odds until they ran out of food and water, medical supplies and ammunition. As prisoners of war (POWs), they and thousands of Filipinos were taken to a camp run by the Japanese army. This grueling series of marches are now known as the Bataan Death March." (Source: Wiki)

Now, I know. And then what?

Anyway, today was supposed to be dehulling-mungbeans day but all my tiredness from this week's labbing had kicked in big time. So my day turned out to be sleeping-eating-and-going-to-the-mall-with-my-family day instead. Ergo, still no dehulled mungbeans. Here are my mungs, all still green.



I have to say though that not-dehulling mungs is not the main event of my day. This is: slipping on wet floor in the mall. So I slipped and fell flat on the floor. My left foot still hurts a little bit. Thank goodness the mall was already closing when that happened so not much people were around to witness my minor accident. Slipping for me is not actually something new. I'm a very clumsy person. I always slip and trip over things. Graceful much? 

*You got me trippin', stumblin', slippin', tumblin'*... Well, you know the rest :)

My activities for tomorrow are something to look forward to. Will have a little get-together with friends and then overnight swimming with my family. Better ready my digicam now. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment